The space agency says the Kepler space telescope is having equipment issues. With the mission threatened, we look back at Kepler's mind-expanding search for Earth-like ...
Digiweb will have revenues of over EUR60m this year following the deal, with financiers now estimating the broadband and telecoms firm to be worth nearly EUR120m. Entrepreneur of the Year Piercy will remain as the majority shareholder of digiweb following the deal which has seen Morgan Stanley emerge as the second largest shareholder in the firm. The Wall Street giant is understood to have ...
Google Plus account or page, you should use this to your advantage to ensure you continue to post and interact regularly as more users come online.The key updates are as follows:* You can now do live, free video calls with up to 10 friends at once in "hangout" and record them.* There is a new auto upload of photos which allows you to store all your photos online for free.* They've ...
Samsung plans a hard-core Galaxy S4, says report While I've yet to see video footage, I can only assume that many happy dances have followed receipt of these emails. The Galaxy S4 on other carriers, ...
Ubisoft created for last year's "Far Cry 3." You don't need that game to play "Blood Dragon." Instead, your $15 buys you a scaled-down version of "FC3" with a smaller map, fewer weapons and a streamlined leveling-up system. It takes just six hours or so to play through, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you felt "FC3" dragged on too ...
The Battle of Algiers (La Battaglia di Algeri) [DVD]
For many, Gillo Pontecorvos The Battle of Algiers is the pinnacle of leftwing oppositional cinema, a sharply political film that draws the viewer in with its documentary aesthetic as it relives a crucial moment of anti-colonial resistance. Made in 1965, a scant three years ... ...
3D printing technology is a game changer in the arts and crafts world. "It really takes the lid off of what's possible," says Andrej Suskavcevic, president and CEO of the Craft and Hobby Association, in Elmwood Park, New Jersey. "It seems to me it'll provide a really good bridge between technology and hands-on crafting." Randy Sarafan, technology editor at ...
stunning option to its MacBooks: screens with ultra-high resolution. These "Retina" displays reveal four times as much detail as any Windows laptop screen until now. Toshiba just released a new laptop line with a Retina-level display. Does this mean Windows users can let go of MacBook envy? Sort of. The jump in resolution with ...
A few months ago, word spread that the twins, Cameron and Tyler, had set up their own investment firm and decided to focus on a curious market niche: ...
(Credit: Hewlett-Packard) Hewlett-Packard rolled out another Android device this week. This could become a pattern as PC makers hedge against a world that's less about Microsoft and more about Google. On Tuesday, the largest PC maker in the world -- a dubious distinction these days ...
MacConnection , stock has vanished for the popular 13.3-inch Air with a 1.8GHz processor and 256GB solid-state drive. That said, Best Buy has stock, but it's the "only reseller on ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Helmsley Park Lane, New York
The best feature of this hotel is its location, overlooking Central Park in the heart of Manhattan. The hotel also ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Herald GlobeHerald Globe: Breaking International News Site
There are a small number of news Web sites, and even a lesser number of newspapers providing world news coverage. A number of publications, particularly those associated with the cable TV networks, have a focus or a perspective from their country of origin.
Our objective is to provide an independent world news service that covers what is happening in the world from an international perspective.
Our top stories are carefully selected, edited, headlined and ranked in accordance with their overall importance from a global point of view. We also aim to bring you stories not covered elsewhere, that meet the test of global importance, and are ranked accordingly. A coal mining disaster in the US that kills four for example, would be a major news story in many world newspapers, and on the major television and cable networks, whereas a coal mining disaster in China with say 200 deaths could go unreported. For us the situation would be reversed and the China story would far outweigh the other.
We have no geographical leanings, simply an earnest desire to cover international news for the world community. Herald Globe is an online newspaper that brings you all the other features you would expect in any newspaper the world over, including dedicated coverage of Europe, Asia, the United States, the Middle East, South America and the Caribbean.
Weather forecasts, business reports, the latest in the financial markets. We cover breaking sports news, consisting of the stories making headlines on a global scale. Interactive news polls are also regularly provided.
For world news from an independent point of view, make it every day to the Herald Globe. And if you cannot make it to us, let us come to you. Register for our daily delivery of major world news headlines by email.
An explosion at an unlicensed firecracker workshop in central China killed three people and left three others injured Sunday, officials said.
The blast occurred around 9.50 a.m. in Yangzhai village in Henan province, Xinhua reported. Police suspect it was caused by illegally stored gunpowder.
The workshop owner's wife and daughter and a neighbour were killed. The three injured include the workshop owner.
- Shivanand Tiwari terms cricket as a tradeUpdate Spot-fixing
- Rajiv Shukla says strict action will be taken if players are found guilty
- Warner reported for beaching Code of Behaviour
- Has Ian Thorpe moved in with James Middleton
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Exclusive - South Africas NUM seeks 15-60 percent wage rises from gold coal producers
- Analysis Frontier Markets booming but risks mounting
- German minister calls EU move on China solar grave mistake
- Google boss defends British tax affairs
- Greece to sell Postbank Proton in July stress-test big banks
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Rooney Mara to endorse Calvin Klein perfume
- Pakistani toll in Siachen avalanche rises to 128
- Sarabjit death probe Pakistani official may visit India
- Chinas Premier to Visit India
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
- PHL eyes working with USASEAN on genetically modifiedcrop...
- Sectarian Violence Kills 11 in Iraq
- Pope Church Must Help Poorest Not Dissect Theology
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
- Islamists Riot in Tunisia After Major Rally is Banned
- Santos has ‘every right’ to seek reelection FARC
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Herald Globe headlines delivered to your inbox.
- England to tour West Indies in February
- Kirani James talks up Grenada relay team
- Orlando native heading to Haiti to make a difference
- Three killed three injured in Puerto Rico shooting
- Sea turtles make comeback in Caribbean