Britain's Financial Times was hacked last week by a mysterious group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army. The newspaper's technology blog was hacked to display a slogan saying: "Hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army." Several Twitter feeds run by the Financial Times were also plastered with similar slogans. The FT later said its blogs and social media accounts had been compromised ...
The Saudi Arabia state news agency has reported a coordinated attack on the country's government websites. Several government websites in Saudi Arabia came under heavy cyber attacks last week, shutting them down for a short time. The attacks have been traced to IP addresses from a number of countries. Saudi investigators found the attacks had been launched from hundreds of Internet ...
baffled even core developers for the virtual currency. Who is Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym for the person or group of people who came up with the original idea for the electronic cash system in 2008? After contributing thousands of lines of code and hundreds of posts on Bitcoin, Nakamoto sent a note to a developer in April 2011 saying that he had "moved on to other things." Later ...
The company apologized after an Instability forced it to take the preview version of a synchronization tool offline earlier than expected. The service syncs files on mobile devices, the Web, and ...
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc's board has approved a deal to buy blogging and social networking site Tumblr for $1.1 billion in cash, the Wall Street Journal cited people familiar with the matter as saying on Sunday.Such an acquisition would be Marissa Mayer's largest deal since taking the helm of the once-iconic Internet company in July 2012. Yahoo is keen on fast-growing Tumblr ...
Pride & Prejudice
Keira Knightley is a naturally beautiful actress, but when she laughs, her face creases in a way that makes her look slightly devilish (or at least wickedly mischievous), which is why she is so perfectly cast as Elizabeth Bennett, the stubborn, willful, fiercely independent h ... ...
Robot & Frank ," which takes place in the near future, Frank, an elderly man who lives alone, is arguing with his son about going to a medical center for Alzheimer's treatment when the son interrupts him. "I brought you something," he says to Frank. Then the son pulls a large, white humanoid robot from the trunk of his car. Frank watches in disbelief. "You have got ...
According to investigators, 15-year-old Marcos Arenas was walking down a street with the iPad on Thursday when a vehicle stopped and one of the suspects got out and tried to steal the device from ...
If the acquisition takes place, it would be the biggest for Yahoo under Mayer and come in the wake of other pricey deals for startups, such as Facebook's acquisition of the photo app Instagram for stock worth $1 billion at the ...
(Credit: James Martin/CNET) Congress is a dog that won't go for a walk. We can tug at its leash as hard as we want, but it sits in the middle of the sidewalk, barking a defiant "no." It's not a purposeful no. It's just a refusal for the sake of it, couched in principle. Then along comes America's most ambitious politician. No, it's not Paul Ryan or ...
(Credit: Twitter/YouTube Screenshot by Chris Matyszczyk/CNET) Life becomes more meaningful when someone from a long way away reflects your own thoughts. It makes you feel less alone, less forlorn on your island of one. I was, therefore, lifted to heights previously unimagined on hearing that the head of Saudi Arabia's religious police has declared that Twitter is an appalling waste ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Helmsley Park Lane, New York
The best feature of this hotel is its location, overlooking Central Park in the heart of Manhattan. The hotel also ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Herald GlobeHerald Globe: Breaking International News Site
There are a small number of news Web sites, and even a lesser number of newspapers providing world news coverage. A number of publications, particularly those associated with the cable TV networks, have a focus or a perspective from their country of origin.
Our objective is to provide an independent world news service that covers what is happening in the world from an international perspective.
Our top stories are carefully selected, edited, headlined and ranked in accordance with their overall importance from a global point of view. We also aim to bring you stories not covered elsewhere, that meet the test of global importance, and are ranked accordingly. A coal mining disaster in the US that kills four for example, would be a major news story in many world newspapers, and on the major television and cable networks, whereas a coal mining disaster in China with say 200 deaths could go unreported. For us the situation would be reversed and the China story would far outweigh the other.
We have no geographical leanings, simply an earnest desire to cover international news for the world community. Herald Globe is an online newspaper that brings you all the other features you would expect in any newspaper the world over, including dedicated coverage of Europe, Asia, the United States, the Middle East, South America and the Caribbean.
Weather forecasts, business reports, the latest in the financial markets. We cover breaking sports news, consisting of the stories making headlines on a global scale. Interactive news polls are also regularly provided.
For world news from an independent point of view, make it every day to the Herald Globe. And if you cannot make it to us, let us come to you. Register for our daily delivery of major world news headlines by email.
Musician Elliot Gleave aka Example got married to fiancee Erin McNaugh here this weekend after six months of engagement.
The two got married May 17 and Example, 30, announced the news to his fans through Twitter.
"It's 7.30 a.m. Just going for a little 6 mile jog. Ceremony starts in six hours. Not sure if this is normal protocol for your wedding day?" he posted Friday.
On Saturday he posted a picture of himself with newly wed wife and wrote: "This happened yesterday (Friday). Will post some more pics for you guys in a bit."
The couple might also plan another ceremony in the US.
- Shivanand Tiwari terms cricket as a tradeUpdate Spot-fixing
- Rajiv Shukla says strict action will be taken if players are found guilty
- Warner reported for beaching Code of Behaviour
- Has Ian Thorpe moved in with James Middleton
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Market opens up firmly
- CBH warns of risky choice
- Busselton growers fear increase in imports
- Executive quits Muja vehicle
- Australian market set to open higher
- Alleged unmasked CIA agent leaves Russia
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Pakistani toll in Siachen avalanche rises to 128
- Sarabjit death probe Pakistani official may visit India
- Europes cruise ship loss is Asias cruise ship gain
- Central Banks in Driving Seat for Asia Markets
- Fertility Clinic Virtus Seeks Expansion in Asia Deals After IPO
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Egyptian Police Block Israel Border Crossing in Fury at Kidnapping
- Netanyahu Takes Aim at Weapons Leakage in Syria
- Internet in Iran goes into coma ahead of presidential elections
- Bangladeshis being trafficked to Brazil
- Venezuela in rare diplomatic overture to America
- Colombia Hit man targeting high-profile journalists
- Washington Week Focus on Burma US Government Scandals
- IHG expands Holiday Inn brand in Ecuador.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Herald Globe headlines delivered to your inbox.
- England to tour West Indies in February
- Kirani James talks up Grenada relay team
- Caribbean Scientist Warns of Climate Change Disaster
- In Bahamas US Embassy issues crime warning for Americans in islands capital
- US Warns of Armed Robbery Threat in Bahamas